Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Davine Day

My week was overall a pretty ordinary week but on Thursday I decided to have a Davine Day out and about doing things I have had on my to do list for a few weeks. So off I went at about 9.30am. My first stop was at a antique clock repairer to see if and how much it would cost to have my Mums antique crystal clock repaired back to working order. He advised me if I wanted to have the original mechanism repaired it would be around $200, but he could install a quartz mechanism for $50. Of course I am going to go for the $50 option because I just want the clock to work. I will share another photo of it when it is working.
Mums crystal clock - I have never known it to work
Then it was of to Kaisercraft, a scrapbooking store. I want to make a different art piece for my bathroom. I haven't totally decided what I want to do as yet but I know I want to have the word "RELAX" on it. So I was on a mission to buy the letters. I'll also share this with you when it's all finished. 
Letters waiting to be made into art
Next was off to a curtain/blind store to get some replacement parts to fix my vertical blinds that one of my granddaughters decided to pull down. We think it may have been Clare but seeing Mikayla is only one and can't defend herself (verbally anyway), Clare says it was her.

Then the sad part of my day happened. While in this area I thought I would call around to an old friends unit, as I hadn't been in contact with her for a while. Her name was Kath and I worked with her many years ago for around 10 years. She had no family as she didn't know who her parents were. She didn't know if she had any siblings and had never married. Although it sounds like she had a very sad life, she  was happy. She had friends and was passionate about her beloved Richmond football team and she did lots of trips with the Senior Citizen groups she belonged to. Because I hadn't heard from her for the whole time I was travelling around Australia I had the feeling that she may have passed away as she would now be in her 90's. I went to her unit and the girl now living there said she heard that Kath had been in a nursing home and had passed away. This news although not a surprise was so sad. I am just hoping she didn't leave this world alone, I hope she had friends around her. I feel so sad that I couldn't have spent time with her at that time, because she deserved to have someone who loved her there. I am on a mission now to try and find out about her last days and where she is buried. 
Kathleen Dunn
Next drive was to a jewellery supply store as I have a couple of upcoming markets and really need to get some jewellery stock made. The first one I headed to was not to far away. Prior to my 12 months away I would go there fairly regularly and they had been in business for a very long time. But to my surprise they had closed down - gone out of business!! Oh well onto plan B. So of I headed down the highway to another store I used to go to but had changed locations. As usual while I was there for 2 items I came out with way more. So now to create something out of this pile of stuff. 
OK now to make something?

After lunch and all this driving around I was to head home and put my feet up after my busy Davine Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.